Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentines tradition

A VERY SPECIAL FRIEND (I'll have to find a pic of the two of them and post it later)

My mother grew up in the small town of Safford in Eastern Arizona.  President Spencer W. Kimball was her stake president and she even lived in a home that he once owned.

I'm not sure if it was there or in Glendale that my mother made her lifelong friend,   Each year, without fail, for the past billion years :), they have always exchanged cards and gifts on practically every occasion.  They were never ordinary gifts, they were always gifts from the heart.

(Taken at my mother's 70th surprise birthday party, just a few short months before she passed away)

Kathryn LOVES the color purple, so I know that that was always taken in consideration when choosing the perfect gift.  Well, Kathryn was our first customer in buying the Valentines cards.  I highly doubt she bought them to even pass out to anyone, but she loved my mothers art.

As we prepared her package, my sister remembered their tradition and had the feeling that my mother would desperately want her to have something on this special day.  Crystal thought and thought and then created this little remembrance.  It was taken from one of my mother's drawings.
Making the jewelry and coming up with the designs has been so fun.  I guess that is where our little saying, "Turning passions into precious Gems" came from. 

Our goal is to help you put your passion or love into something special.  Send us your custom design or photo.  Make it a square (or we can do it for you).  If the item does not take any adjusting, the design fee is free.  Send us your favorite photo!  We would love to make it into a precious gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment