Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Mother's Art

For those of you who don't know our family, we lost our sweet mother 2 years ago to inflammatory breast & ovarian cancer. 

My mother was an amazing artist and her creativity was evident in everything she touched.  Wrapping presents was a creative adventure to her.  Her packages were so pretty that you wouldn't want to open them.



A few years before her passing, she and my father started a business.  She created a line of scrapbook paper that was loved by everyone who saw it.    Her characters were cute little bears named Muffy & Dusty.  She LOVED bears.

As we started up our website a couple of months ago, we realized that my father's greeting card business would be a perfect match for our jewelry business.  Ideas started flowing and we started putting cards on the site as fast as we could.

About a week ago my father ran on to all of my mothers art.  He started colorizing them on the computer.  We realized that her art was perfect for greeting cards.  Here is one that my father was working on last night.

We miss our mother dearly, but we are so excited to have her art continue on.  We hope you like our designs.  We would love to hear your ideas for the words for our cards.  Please feel free to comment on this post and share your thoughts. We would like to have different caption options for people to choose from on our site.  A BIG thanks to our dear friend Bonnie for this cute idea.  We will be posting more cards soon and would LOVE your help.  Please check back and add your ideas.  We really appreciate them!!!

We love and miss you Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete